Since developing the first non-silicone thermal grease for AT&T in the early 1970’s, AOS has continued to develop and expand the widest offering of silicone-free thermal greases on the market, all with a design toward ease of use and durability. There is no silver bullet thermal grease that is ideal for every application. This is why we offer such a wide variety, from low resistance thin bond line products to high thermal conductivity greases for thick film applications. Typical properties can include water cleanability, thixotropic or Newtonian rheology, and customized rheology, little to no pump-out, low outgassing, and high-temperature stability.
Technical Data Sheets
AOS Hi-Temp Non-Silicone XT-4 52034
AOS Water Cleanable HTC 90 52051
Electrically Conductive Grease 57000
AOS Electrically Conductive Grease 57001
AOS ZnO Free Thermal Grease 52056
Silicone Vs. Non-Silicone
- Silicone oils tend to bleed which lends to migration and contamination
- Silicone contamination can lead to local component, board, assembly or even plant wide problems with surface modifications and appliations such as solder, adhesives, paint, ink, etc.
- Silicone oil bleed can lead to dry-out, cracking and the formation of air gaps in the interface.
- Non-silicones are not a single fluid but a mixture of synthetic oils, vegetable oils, surfactants, tactifying resins and thermoplastic elastomers.
- Non-silicone thermal greases remain tacky and in place for the operation life of your hardware
Features and Benefits
- Non-silicone; non-curing
- Resists pump-out
- Water cleanable; no mess, no solvents
- Excellent wetting
- Low bond line for lowest resistance
- High thermal conductivity for thick film
- High dielectric strength
- Non-hazardous; biodegradable
- RoHS and REACH compliant
- Customized rheology